ad design specifications
FINAL MAGAZINE TRIM SIZE
8 3/8″ x 10 7/8″ printed with a 150-line screen.
PHOTOS AND ARTWORK
Macintosh format is preferred. If you must send a PC file, send all supporting art files and fonts, along with a proof.
- We Accept
- High-resolution PDF files (preferred)
- Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, TIFF, Adobe Illustrator or EPS files (with all fonts furnished and type converted to outlines)
If you are sending originals
- They must be supplied in original form (slide or print).
- You may send crisp, clear laser prints as long as they are solid black-and-white, with no screen tints, photos or gray areas.
- The following do not qualify: photocopies, faxes, dot matrix copies, or inkjet copies. (If you need us to reproduce photos directly from previously printed materials, please be aware that distortion/loss of quality will occur.)
If you are scanning
- Scans must be at least 300 dpi at full print size.
- Line art scans must be at least 1200 dpi.
- Thumb drive, CD or DVD
- Send all supporting art files, fonts and a proof.
- E-mail ad files to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ad submission” in subject line
- If you are sending one file, it is a good idea to compress it (you may use Aladdin’s STUFFIT program or a MAC program which will give you a self-expanding archive (.sea). Do not send files that are mime-encoded.
- Send all supporting art files and fonts.
- Very large files (over 25MB) may be sent via Dropbox, Google Drive, or a similar file transfer service.
Please e-mail any advertising questions or comments to Polly Beach